Turn Kip's Granola Bark into Granola Brittle!
This recipe was contributed by the amazingly talented, San Diego-based April of @apriljackeats.
1 bag Kip's Granola Bark - flavor of your choice⠀
1½ cups unsweetened coconut⠀
1½ allergen free semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups sugar⠀
¼ cup coconut milk⠀
¼ cup amber agave syrup⠀
¼ teaspoon salt⠀
¼ cup unrefined coconut oil⠀
1. Break your granola bark into large chunks.⠀
2. Heat your oven to 300F, prepare a baking sheet with greased parchment paper. Place sheet in oven to keep warm.⠀
3. Toast your coconut in the microwave by microwaving on a plate in a single layer in 30-sec increments until golden. ⠀
4. In a saucepan add the sugar, coconut milk, agave syrup, salt, and stir together until incorporated.
5. Bring mixture to a boil on high heat, stir in coconut oil and adjust to simmer. ⠀
6. DO NOT STIR
7. Using a candy thermometer wait until mixture reaches 325F (163C). Careful the temperature will rise quickly after 300F. ⠀
8. Remove from heat, and stir in toasted coconut and Kip's Granola Bark chunks.Spread mixture into a thin layer onto pre-heated baking sheet. ⠀
9. Sprinkle the top with a cup of baking chips and pop back in the oven for 30 sec to help melt. Spread the melted chips to cover, adding more if needed. ⠀
10. Let cool until solidified. Don't freeze or refrigerate immediately or you may shock the brittle.
11. Shatter brittle using a large, sharp knife and enjoy!